Prof. (FH) Mag. Eva Werner
Prof (FH) Mag. Eva WERNER, hon.prof., Rector of IMC University of Applied Sciences, Krems, Austria.
Professor (FH) Eva Werner holds a degree from the University of Vienna in languages (1975), studied also in France (Sorbonne in Paris, 1974) and Canada (University of Concordia, 1982). Her professional experiences in the Higher Education sector comprise (since 1979) among others,
- teaching and lecturing at several HE institutions in Austria as well as teaching missions abroad,
- membership in national and international expert teams - from 2005 to 2009, Eva Werner was one of the five Austrian Bologna Experts (the first in the field of Austrian Universities of Applied Sciences) and as such actively contributed to the implementation of the Bologna process in Austria as well as abroad, she was a member of the steering committees for the development of the IMC FH Krems programmes, and was in charge of the international relations network of the University from 1998 to 2010,
- institutional responsibility -from 2002 to 2009, Professor Werner was the Deputy Head of the Academic Board of the University. In 2005, she was elected Vice-Rector and as such re-elected in 2008.
- Since January 2010, Professor Werner has been Rector of the IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems, responsible among other for the academic quality assurance at the IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems. In January 2013, Eva Werner started her second turn as rector after having been re-elected in fall 2012.
- Sector – specific national responsibility: Since 2008, she has been in charge of the International Committee of the Association of the Universities of Applied Sciences, Austria, as such coordinating the activities and representing the Austrian Universities of Applied Sciences both on national and international level, since 2012, she furthermore has been a member of the Steering Board of the Association of the Universities of Applied Sciences Austria, Member of two working groups of the Austrian University Conference,
- Quality Assurance: since 2012, member of the General Assembly of AQ Austria (the Austrian Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation), member of the ECA Expert Panel of the CeQuInt Project (Certificate for Quality in Internationalisation), since 2013 Chair of the Board of Directors of THE-ICE (Tourism and Hospitality Education – Center of Excellence, accreditation agency for tourism and hospitality programmes),
- international quality assurance procedures: Chair of Systemakkreditierungs – procedure with AQ Austria, Chair of programme and institutional procedures within ECA - CeQuInt, member of auditors’ panel of THE-ICE.
You can also find me on LinkedIn and on the ECA homepage, CeQuInt – Assessing Quality in Internationalisation.