University Business Forum
It was a great honor and pleasure for us to welcome you to the University Business Forum to Vienna on February 25-26, 2016!
The event was a joint effort of the European Commission, the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber and the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy.
This two-day forum brought together a diverse range of representatives from business, public authorities and universities. Around 520 participants from all over Europe jointly developed ideas and formed creative collaborations.
During the upcoming Forum opinion leaders shared with us latest developments and recent innovations.
You had been inspired by high-profile speakers as:
- Tibor Navracsics, Member of the European Commission in charge of Education, Culture, Youth and Sport
- Harald Mahrer, State Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy
- Christoph Leitl, President of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber
- Alexa Wesner, US Ambassador to Austria
- Jörg Dräger, Executive Director of the Centre for Higher Education and Board member of the Bertelsmann foundation
- Paul Rübig, Member of the European Parliament
- Werner Wutscher, Founder and CEO of New Venture Scouting, Austria
and many more!
You had been activated by lively exchange at interactive breakout sessions, informal networking slots and debates about:
- How can cooperation between business and universities be structured to best drive innovation? How can we scale up models such as “dual studies”?
- How can an entrepreneurial mind-set among students, teachers and researchers be encouraged? How can science, business and policy support start-up creation?
- How can a university operate in an entrepreneurial way? What is the role for universities when it comes to lifelong learning, knowledge exchange and regional growth?
We relyed on the most meaningful participation of many colleagues from all over Europe in order to make our forum a milestone in University-Business-Congress history. The Forum took place in Vienna, one of the most beautiful cities not only in Europe but in the entire world.
Follow us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ubforum.austria